Thursday, February 6, 2014

Sincerity Restaurant Chinatown GONG XI FA CAI!


Last week  on my way home from divisoria, Me and my friend somehow wound up in china town and since it was the Chinese new year's eve I decided to take a look around. First I was at Ongpin where i saw many people walking around and taking part in the festivities. so i walked around more and snapped a couple more pictures along the way

 


























After walking quite a bit of distance, We happened to stumble upon a certain mall named Lucky Chinatown where we agreed to have lunch so we walked around until we saw the Sincerity restaurant. I was surprised that they had a branch here because last time I ate was at their old branch in Nueva street. As we sat down, the first thing i noticed was that that the overall ambiance in this branch is much nicer than the old one. 



It's much brighter here and much more appetizing to dine in. Right from the entrance, we can see the large collage of  pictures and testimonials about the restaurant. The dining area is L-shaped, while the rest completing a square is covered by the kitchen. 

With the small space, it still can accomodate about 60 persons. Not very glamorous, but is worthy of entry in the “modern” category, it's vibe here is best suited for casual family dining.

Because it was lunch time and it was the eve of the chinese new year there were many people in queue to eat in the restaurant, so, the waiter first handed us copies of the menu. The menu was nice and consisted of a variety of Chinese food. From dimsum and noodles to fried chicken and beef steaks. The price of the food was also fairly affordable considering it's status as a restaurant.

We decided to order their specialty and best seller, the sincerity's fried chicken because I remember how good it tasted when I ate at their other branch. Then, the waiter took our orders before we were seated. Chairs were provided for the waiting guests. 


Our food came in fast and our water in glasses were quickly refilled when requested. I notice one thing that’s missing though, their smile. I also realized that they were not as affordable as I thought because apparently, the somewhat small servings of the food justified evened out it's price


I don’t know why but I think that my first experience eating the Sincerity's fried chicken was better than this more recent one. The difference has probably something to do with their cook. While I had a good taste of its chicken in their other branch, this one disappointed me. While It had a flavorful, crispy and crunchy-coated skin and tender meat, it tastes like it lacked something undetermined but essential.


While my dining experience here was somewhat favorable, I can think of a few more steps they could take to improve their service and relationship to their customers. The main thing to focus on here is that their food should be consistent on the taste with their other branches especially their original branch. In order to do this they should train their cooks more to maintain the authenticity of the taste of their food so it remains consistent on any branch. Also, their waiting staff should establish eye contact more, smile and maybe offer a friendly greeting to customers entering and leaving to provide a much more pleasant dining experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment