Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Movie time at SM Cinemas: Is 3D really good?



My friend and I decided to watch a movie called Frozen by Disney's Pixar studios and we chose to watch it in the nearest mall from campus which is Sm San Lazaro. When we were about to buy tickets, we saw that the movie is also offered in 3D so we decided to try the 3D movie experience. 

Now tickets to the 3D where almost twice more expensive than the normal 2D movie with 3D costing 300 pesos and the 2D only at 180 pesos. Still, we decided to try it anyway. I was so excited going in and when the movie started, all i can say is it was a disappointing experience for me :( The sound in the theater was creaky and hard to hear. 

There were portions that only the right side of the cinema had decent sound and the 3D glasses aren't very good. My eyes hurt afterwards and some of the scenes were dizzying. The chairs of the theater were also not very comfortable  so all in all, It didn't seem like I got my money's worth. 

If many movie goers like me tend to be dissatisfied with SM cinemas and learn their lesson, then they could lose a lot of potential patrons who would rather much go to an Ayala mall nearby so they could watch the movie there and have a better experience. To avoid this, SM cinemas should consider to make their cinemas more appealing and satisfying to their customers by improving their facilities like upgrading the seats to more comfortable ones, improving the ambiance and cleanliness of the theater and ensuring regular maintenance of their equipment to ensure the movies' audio and video quality.

I don't know yet how 3D movie experiences are like on other theaters but as far as SM cinemas go, I can safely say that I won't be watching any 3D movies in any SM Cinemas anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment